Click map for pdf
0. Travel to Hyde Park:
1. When you arrive in Hyde Park you should first check in:
• Check-In Location: Granville Grossman Residential Commons (GGRC) Lobby (see map above).
• Check-in Time: Sunday, July 22nd (7/22/2018) from 2pm (please arrive by 6pm if possible – though the desk is staffed 24/7).
You will be staying in single rooms in GGRC. Areins Pelayo will be at the check-in to assist. You can reach her by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (954-621-5596) on Sunday afternoon if you have trouble getting to GGRC.
2. Welcome & Security Presentation: We will have a welcome presentation done by a member of the Summer Staff to review the policies and procedures of the residence hall and a safety and security presentation done by a UCPD Community Relations officer. Attendance is required (if you miss it we will have to schedule a make-up for you).
• Presentation Date and Time: 7/22 at 6pm
• Presentation Location: West Dean’s Lounge, Rm 110
3. We will go and have dinner together at Baker Dining Commons in CNRC (see map) immediately after. And after that we can go to the Woodlawn Tap (AKA Jimmy’s – cash only)
the University Pub in Noyes Hall.
Here are the times that meals are served in the Commons:
If you are arriving late the Woodlawn Tap is open till 2am, and has some food: nearby are Nella (open till 10pm) and The Nile (open till 9pm) — after that options will be very limited.
On other evenings we will likely go to the University Pub in Noyes Hall (http://uofcpub.com — to use it you will have to pay a small membership fee).
4. The meetings themselves are at the Stevanovich Institute on the Formation of Knowledge: https://sifk.uchicago.edu. (See map.) We will start before the first lecture on Monday, so please be there by 9.25am! (Note the change of time.)
5. Instructions for joining wifi were provided in email: eduroam should also be available. (Poster givers will be able to connect to the Institute printer that way to print out A3 sheets if they want to compose a poster that way. We will bring painters’ tape for you to attach posters to the wall.) If that login doesn’t work, we have a backup scheme.
6. By coming to the summer school you agree to be bound by the applicable rules of conduct of UIC and the University of Chicago, including those on sexual misconduct (which include reporting obligations for the organizers):
7. We are fairly close to a beach, so you may want to bring a swimsuit (you will certainly have time on Wednesday afternoon).